The Hibbing Community Foundation is a 501© (3) nonprofit organization that exists to provide scholarships and support programs at Hibbing Community College. In the 2019-2020 academic year the HCC Foundation funded $82,000 in student scholarships, and $19,600 in programs. The HCC Foundation also funded $1000.00 for personal protective equipment to support HCC’s Covid-19 response. As many of you are aware, nonprofits worldwide have struggled during the Covid-19 global pandemic. Your donation will help ensure the Hibbing Community College Foundation can continue to provide the same level of support for student scholarships and programs at HCC.
It’s never been easier to support the HCC Foundation. Listed below are the many ways to give the gift of education, and support student scholarships and programs at Hibbing Community College…
• Make an online donation at www.foundationhcc.org
• Support the HCC Foundation on Give to the Max Day, Minnesota’s annual giving holiday, November 19th, 2020.
• Hibbing Community College Employees can easily donate to the HCC Foundation through employee payroll deduction.
• Shop with Amazon Smile. Shopping on Black Friday? Finishing up your holiday shopping? Did you know Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to the organization of your choice? This is an easy and free way to support the HCC Foundation year round, every time you shop on amazon. Before you shop, just go to Smile.Amazon.com, sign in, and select the Hibbing Community College Foundation.
• Support the Hibbing Community College Foundation on Giving Tuesday December 1st, 2020
• Give more with the CARES Act. Did you know the Cares Act encourages more charitable giving with a temporary universal charitable deduction and temporary suspension of AGI Limitations? The Temporary Universal Charitable Deduction a temporary, one-time, above-the-line deduction allows non-itemizing taxpayers to deduct charitable gifts of cash up to $300 in 2020. All taxpayers would be eligible to take the deduction, even people who use the standard deduction. The new deduction would not apply to non-cash gifts or to gifts contributed to donor-advised funds. The Temporary Suspension of AGI Limitations a temporary suspension lifts the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) limitations on cash gifts for 2020, allowing individuals to deduct up to 100% of their AGI in cash gifts.
• Give a scholarship. It’s easier than you think to establish a scholarship! Contact Hibbing Community College Foundation Director Angie Weaver at 218-312-1516 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss opportunities for establishing a scholarship.
• Spread awareness. Help get the word out about the Hibbing Community College Foundation. Go to foundationhcc.org to learn more and connect with the foundation on social media. Like, share, and Invite your friends.
• Make an annual donation on Give to HCC Foundation Day on April 27th.
Your support is very much appreciated. Have a safe and happy holiday season!